RCM Gas Flow Meters
RCM Series 7000 and RCM Series 8000
The RCM gas flow meters are well suited to monitoring compressed air flow rates. These meters plumb directly into the pipelines and require no external power connections. Use these meters to determine the air consumption of tools for improved accounting and increased efficiency. The Flo-Gage flow meter has been developed for industrial applications where durability and reliability are important considerations in the monitoring of flow. The Flo-Gage has accuracy for most industrial processes and is particularly suited for applications where compactness, low cost, minimal maintenance and resistance to accidental damage are important factors. Other compressed gases can be monitored as well. Common gases monitored include nitrogen, oxygen, argon, carbon dioxide, natural and LP gases.
- Meters are available in Bronze, Monel or 316SS.
- Threaded Connections (Series 7000) from 1/4″ to 3″ in NPT or BSP.
- Wafer Style (Series 8000) from 1/2″ to 8″.
Buy Viagra 50 mg in Phoenix Arizona Standard Features:
- Sturdy in-line metal construction to withstand piping stresses without breaking.
- Black on white dial won’t crack, glaze or become hard to read with age.
- Expanded 3.5″ (90mm) 270° analog dial for reading at a glance.
- Suitable for use with both opaque and clear fluids.
- Measures 6:1 range with 3% F.S. Accuracy.
- Dial and case factory configured for quick installation – but easily field re-configured if needed.
- Gas flow ranges from 40 SCFH (1 Nm3/h) in 1/2″ meter to 20,000 SCFM (600 Nm3/m) in 8″ meter.
Selecting Meters for Gas Service
- The Flo-Gage can be used to measure flow rates of various gases such as air, nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, propane, methane (natural gas), argon, helium, sulfur dioxide, etc.
- For best accuracy, select a flow rate which will permit normal operation in the upper half of the meter scale.
- To choose the proper meter, select pipe size and full scale flow rate from the chart of “Standard Flow Rates and Body Sizes“.
- To insure satisfactory operation, pressure should be not less than 10 psig at the meter inlet.
Minimum Flow Rates
The minimum flow rate which can be read is approximately 15% of the full scale flow rate for all meters. For best accuracy, select a flow rate which will permit normal operation in the upper half of the meter scale.
Provide 10 diameters of straight pipe in front of meter. Install control valves or solenoid valves downstream of meter if possible.
Services Not Recommended
Flo-Gages are not recommended for the following kinds of service:
- Resins, paints or monomers which can form solid deposits in the piping system.
- “Super-solvents” which attack most available elastomers.
- Sulfuric acid in any concentration.
- Foams which tend to have inconsistent densities.
- Toxic substances requiring hermetically sealed enclosures.
- Fluids with viscosity above 500 centipoise.
- Pumping systems using piston pumps which produce non-steady flow conditions.
- Gravity-fed systems having less head than the pressure loss across the meter at normal operating conditions.
|Series 7000||FNPT (threaded) Standard|
|Series 8000||Wafer unit mount between 150 or 300 class flanges.|
|Housing||UV Stabilized Polycarbonate||Aluminum|
|Body||Bronze||Monel / 316SS|
|Bellows||Bronze||Monel / 316SS / Inconel|
|Seals||Buna N||Viton / EPR / Teflon|
|Accuracy||u00b1 3% F.S.||u00b1 3% F.S.|
|Repeatability||u00b1 1% F.S.||u00b1 1% F.S.|
|Maximum Pressure||180 psig (12.6 kg/cm2)||400 psig (28.1 kg/cm2)|
|Minimum Pressure||10 psig (0.67kg/cm2)||10 psig (0.67kg/cm2)|
|Maximum Temperature||212 F (100 C)||350 F (177 C)|
|Minimum Temperature||-30 F (-34 C)||-80 F (-62 C)|